Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Response to God's Glory in Light of Romans.

O Heavenly Father, protect me from the most wicked speed and haste of this world. Slow my mind so that I may contemplate that which is of you. Captivate me with the revelation of your righteousness, given through the saving power of your gospel. Lord, may I never be ashamed of your almighty word, for it puts to shame the wisdom of the wise. Give me prudence in speech that I may honor you; not to magnify my own worth, but to exalt you in love. This I ask of you, for I am overwhelmed by who you are and what you have done for me despite my wickedness.

O reader, I have done wrong in the presence of one almighty and yet He has sent His Son bearing life everlasting. By His grace I have been saved through faith. What is this, that a king would die for me? Every king of this world would sentence me to death and yet He has adopted me through His Son. He has baptized me into the death and resurrection of His Son by His Spirit and set me free from sin! I have been brought from death to life by Him for I am under grace. When I foresaw death in my bondage to sin, God saw life in my unity with His Son. O glorious day, for I have been restored and made new. Praise be to God Almighty!

O my beautiful savior, be praised forever! Forever may my life be lived in obedience to your word out of love for you. Guide me by your Spirit in the teachings of your holy Scripture, for I am yours. In this I take my greatest comfort, that I am not my own but I belong to you, O God Almighty.

"To the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ! Amen"

No comments: