Saturday, June 6, 2009

A random allagory in light of this past year that I wrote before I begin re-writing my entire semester. haha. :)

Ah what trials come my way. They boast of their own magnitude and revel in my inadequacy. With shrew hands they grip me. With vigorous strength they attempt to force me on my knees and yet I remain unmoved. Infuriated, they increase their force by magnifying their own weight upon me, but to no avail. Having exerted their strength to it's utmost ability, I stand unfeigned. Foiled, they curse and shriek at me. In hideous voices they call to me demanding to know what great power I possess to stand in defiance to them. They tell me of the pain they see in my eyes and yet scoff at my self-righteous choice to ignore it. I return to them silence.

Enraged and with some ill-gotten attempt to catch me off guard, they cast rocks at me, yet they shatter at my feet. Exhausted, my enemy has fallen to the floor and matched me in my silence. Now I answer them, "What authority have you, that I would answer to such a violent inquiry? What right have you upon my life? I answer none. There is no power or might in your possession that could destroy me or make me obey you. I speak not because of your commands, but to glorify the one in whom I have pledged my life. It is true your burden is heavy and your sting is a pang in my side. I am not self-righteous nor do I ignore the pain you have caused me. You have caused a great lament in my life and I have mourned at my loss. I am vulnerable and I am weak. My defenses would crumble at your slightest brush against me.

But I see you are confused. No doubt these things seem true to you. Do they not? Is my appearance not one of a servant? Am I not a mere man fallen in sin, weak and without strength? Ah but that is where the dichotomy lays. You have not asked of me whom I serve. I tell you the truth, my master and my lord governs the very earth to move. He commands the sun to burn and the moon to reflect its light. The very stars, celestial lights of the universe, are inflamed at the utterance of His mouth. With His breath He has given me life. Through His Son He has given me eternal life. It is true that I had fallen in sin, but I must tell you this, I have been set free by the blood of His Son and in His conquering over the one who sent you. Your master, death, can hold no power over the man who belongs to one Almighty. Ah, you have heard of Him haven't you? I see you tremble at reference to His authority. Kneel and behold the name of Christ Jesus my Lord. He has saved me from your grasp. It is because of Him that your inflictions are only temporal and your abuse not lethal to my soul. It is by His amazing grace that I am found righteous. My loving God has adopted me and made me His son. I am an heir of Christ and belong to Him alone. Yes, you may beat upon me and curse my name, but I will stand in the name of Christ and glorify my Heavenly Father, for I love God Almighty. May all of my worship be His forever.

Lord you sustain me, you empower me by your Spirit to seek your face in the midst of calamity. Because of your Son every affliction upon me shall be redeemed for your glory and your honor. May you be praised in my life today and forevermore. O my worthy Lord of Heaven. Amen.

No comments: