Sunday, May 10, 2009

My adoption into Christ

God Almighty. How wonderful! The God I love is almighty. He governs the universe to spin in perfect harmony. What perfection is this? The very planets move in orbit at His command. The faultless glory of one almighty has been made manifest in His creation. Not that the world is deserving of respect or worthy of His regal honor, but that which my God fabricates out of nothing must resound His splendor! Creation has been given beauty, goodness, complexity and in it's very makeup, the invisible qualities of my Lord are made known. How humble I am, that despite the wonder of all creation, I have been given His Image within me. My God, you have made me wonderful and I turned my face from you, yet you pursued me when I hid myself. You called after me in love and I have heard your voice. I lift my eyes and in beholding you, I cannot stand my own corruption. Tears would fill my own eyes in the very sight of my shame, but still you sit with me and still you talk to me. Who am I that God would love me? Who am I that God would die for me to take my place? Who am I to be welcomed into the very dwelling place of the most high God, to be called His son? I am worthy in Christ and only through Him. The Lord is good and is in no need to bless me, yet He chooses to out of love. How can I ever deserve or hope to earn His love? I cannot, yet He loves me despite my inabilities, for where I am weak, I am strong in Christ. I am His in Christ. A member of His Holy church. A son of the Most High and Almighty God. Creator of Heaven and Earth. My Father. My savior. I choose to love Him and seek to serve Him in all I do. When I look at Him, it is my joy and my honor to love Him. May all honor and glory be His forever. Amen. :)